Also… The RMS ION officers met yesterday. We’re considering the next RMS ION section meeting for the week of 07Nov11. If you have recommendations for speakers, please pass them along.
– Thank you all for your patience with our website updates. In an effort to stay more involved with the local Navigation community, we have plans to make much more use of our website than in the past. As part of this we were exploring migration to new web development software and a new hosting platform and that had delayed updates.
– The RMS ION will now post monthly updates to the website, so please check back monthly for announcements and opportunities!
– The RMS ION is now on Facebook! Check us out at Rocky Mountain Section of the Institute of Navigation
– Have technical notes or observations from the 2011 JNC Conference or last RMS Section ION meeting that you would like to share? Send to Ginger Meszaros at email@example.com
– The RMS ION officers are meeting on Tuesday, 04Oct11, to discuss, among other things, the next Section Meeting. Please submit any ideas or requests for the next section meeting to Jason Danieli at firstname.lastname@example.org
– Have an idea for the section or for the website? Please let us know! We’re always looking for ways to improve and better serve the RMS ION community. Please submit ideas to Herb Knierim at email@example.com
The Rocky Mountain Section of the Institute of Navigation (ION) conducted a section meeting on June 29th, 2011. This section meeting was held in conjunction with the Institute of Navigation 2011 Joint Navigation Conference at the Crowne Plaza in Colorado Springs. Catering was provided for attendees due to a generous donation from Lockheed Martin.
The meeting began with a presentation by the new RMS ION officer corps. which was then followed by a presentation by Ken Esthus on ION Membership benefits. The Keynote Speakers for the evening were Lt. Col. Damon Feltman and Maj. Frank Kincaid who spoke about on-going GPS Operations Center (GPSOC) operations and Navigation Warfare (NAVWAR). Lt. Col Feltman is the current 19 Space Operations Squadron (19 SOPS) commander and Maj. Kincaid is the current 19 SOPS Weapons and Tactics officer. Please see the Meeting Minutes page for briefings presented.
The RMS ION would like to extend its sincerest appreciation to Lockheed Martin, Lt. Col. Damon Feltman, and Maj. Frank Kincaid. The section meeting was extremely interesting and informative and a good opportunity to mingle with other professionals in the PNT community.
If you attended the meeting and have any feedback or ideas for future section meetings, please e-mail Herb Knierim at firstname.lastname@example.org